INTERESTED IN RENTING OUR FACILITY AND/OR CURLING EQUIPMENT?
The Anchorage Curling Club will not be hosting rentals until further notice due to the continued coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Interested parties should check back at a later date as we hope to resume rentals later on in the 2020-2021 season.
As a service to its members, the community, and local businesses, the Anchorage Curling Club makes its facility and equipment available for rentals during non-prime hours (such as leagues, bonspiels, and learn to curl events).
Whether you are hosting a birthday party or organizing the next team building event for your company, the Anchorage Curling Club can customize an event around your needs. We offer two sheets of maintained ice from November through early April. Both sheets are rented at the same time in four hour sessions or less. The ice rental includes all necessary curling equipment and access to our heated lounge which has a kitchen, full service bar, bathrooms, and seating area for approximately 40 individuals. The heated lounge (with no ice access) can also be rented individually.
No prior curling experience is necessary…just the desire to have fun! We can also arrange for volunteer curling instructors to teach groups of 16-20 people at a time, which is included in the rental rates as shown below.
CURRENT PRICING INFORMATION
Our 2020-21 rental rates are as follows:
- Non-Member & Corporate Facility Rental = $1000/event
- Non-Member & Corporate Curling Equipment Rental Only = contact us for more info
- Member Facility Rental = $600/event*
- Member Curling Equipment Rental Only = contact us for more info
* An additional $100 will be added if the Board has to assign a volunteer bartender for the event if the member organizing the event cannot find one.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR CURLING EVENT
1) Check the club calendar on our website to identify potentially available rental dates and times. Please note that at this time, rentals will not be scheduled until the Board decides it is safe to do so. Please understand that although we attempt to keep our calendar current, we are an all-volunteer organization and some dates may be unavailable even if otherwise indicated.
- Name or Organization
- Main Contact Person
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Mailing Address
- Is this rental request for a member or non-member of the club?
- Type of Function (ie birthday party, retirement ceremony, team building, etc.)
- Requested date(s)
- Requested start and end time (up to 4 hours)
- Estimated number of participants
- Are volunteer curling instructors required?
- Is a bartender required (mandatory if alcohol is to be served)? No outside alcoholic beverages may be brought into the club by the rental group.
- Acknowledgment that the rental terms and conditions have been reviewed. A copy can be found here: Terms and Conditions.
3) A member of our Rental Committee will contact you by phone and/or e-mail to confirm the rental request and make final arrangements.
4) Once final arrangements have been confirmed, have all participants complete a waiver form. A copy can be found here: Special Event Associate Membership. These forms must be brought to the club and provided to one of our volunteers.
5) Finally, provide a security deposit and signed rental agreement. A copy can be found here: 2019-2020 Rental Agreement. You can then prepare to enjoy a great time at the Anchorage Curling Club!